Placing a Special or Custom Order
Ordering a Large Quantity or for a Special Event?
We are happy to accommodate special orders for our products. A special order can be placed for a large quantity (6 or more) of:
(1) any item custom made for us;
(2) an item not normally carried in our inventory that we have located at your request;
(3) an product which is either discontinued or marked 'out of stock' on our site but still available from the supplier.
(4) any item showing on our website.
We are also happy to accommodate custom orders for certain products made by artisans who sell to us. A special order can be placed for
- two or more Predecorated Miniature Christmas Trees
- a Silk Christmas Tree Skirt
- 18 or more sets of metal ornament hooks
Under the "More Info" tab on each product description page of our website is a line to let you know if a product can be special ordered. When an item indicates that we will be restocking, you can place a special order even if our inventory is at '0'. We need to check to see if we can/cannot get a large quantity, how long it will take to get to us/you and if the vendor will ship direct (saving you money on shipping costs).Be sure your inquiry e-mail to us includes (1) the item/sku number and description (2) the quantity that you need (3) your city/state/zip and (4) the date by which you need the item to arrive at your home/facility. The sku number is important because many of our products have the same or similar names/descriptions. We will calculate the cost of the entire order including shipping and send a note for your review. If you approve, we will process the sale as a mail/phone order, send you a copy of the invoice and a payment request which can be completed by using a Paypal account, Paypal e-check or any major credit card. After payment has been completed, the order will automatically go to the warehouse and ship out after the special order comes in. In accord with PayPal's policy, orders paid by Paypal e-check will not ship until after the payment has cleared. For your protection, if the order total is over $150, a signature will be required at delivery.
Large orders: If you are contemplating the purchase of a large quantity of any item on our site for a special event, we recommend that you purchase one or two pieces first - just to make sure that it will meet your needs. Please note, that while we are always happy to accommodate special and custom order customers whenever we can, we do not rent our products. Be prepared to distribute, store or gift the items in your order after the event is over.
Which products are Custom-Made and how long to deliver?
Custom-made products will take 2-4 weeks to deliver depending upon which item you order, the quantity and when the order is placed.
There is a special order cancellation fee if you:
- Order custom-made Ann Laurie trees before October 1st and allow 2-4 weeks for delivery.
- Custom ornament hook orders need 1-2 weeks for delivery.
- Large quantity (over 50) Acrylic photo frames need 7-10 days.
- Order custom-made silk Christmas Tree Skirts before December 1st.
- All special and custom orders must be pre-paid.
- Multiple product large orders or any single item over $100 are eligible for our EZ Layaway Payment Plan.
There is a special order restocking fee if you:
- cancel while the items are in transit to us from the supplier or
- cancel the order after has been packed and is ready to be shipped or
- cancel after the order has been shipped and is in transit to you
- We will deduct the warehouse cancellation charge of $10 per order or $35 per hour (if any), shipping charges paid inbound to us, shipping outbound (to you), the intercept fee (if any), return shipping (back to the warehouse,) the supplier's handling fee (if any), warehouse special handling charges (if any) and the appropriate warehouse restocking fee then, issue a credit for the remainder. These fees are the costs associated with handling a special order. They are charged by the warehouse and/or paid to the shipper, not retained by us.
- We reserve the right to waive any fee at our discretion.
- refuse delivery of a large or special order. We will deduct the shipping charges paid outbound (to you), inbound (back to the warehouse) the supplier's handling fee (if any,) warehouse special handling charges (if any) and the appropriate restocking fee then, issue a credit for the remainder.
- return a large or special order. We will deduct the shipping charges paid outbound (to you), intercept or inbound (back to the warehouse) shipping, the supplier's handling fee (if any,) warehouse special handling charges (if any) and the appropriate restocking fee then, issue a credit for the remainder. This also applies if you did not notify us of your "need by" date when the order was placed and return it because it did not arrive in time.
- if the warehouse inspection of your return shows that the items were used, the maximum 35% - 50% restocking fee applies. We do not rent our products.
- We reserve the right to waive any fee at our discretion.
Why are these fees deducted from your refund if you cancel, refuse or return a large or special order?There are unseen costs associated with handling a special order. For example, certain suppliers charge a non-refundable handling fee to process a special/large order in a timely manner. And, there are non-refundable shipping charges and merchandise processing or return fees charged by the warehouses and/or the shippers that we use. Unfortunately, if you cancel, refuse delivery of or return a special order these fees do not "disappear" and still must be paid.
If you have any question or want to place a special/custom order, please use our Contact form or open a chat. We will be happy to answer any question or get an order started for you.
Thanks for shopping at Ornament Trees.com. We appreciate your business!